How can you improve the Cat Pack culture?

Jenisons student section, also known as the Cat Pack, could use some improvements. Here are some ways to improve the Cat Pack.

The main purpose of the Cat Pack is to shift the momentum of the game and get the players in the zone. If we want to be loud, everyone needs to attend the games.

Transportation

Senior Cat Pack leader, Jacob Goulooze, had said “If we had a Cat Pack bus or transportation, that would make it so a lot more people could go.”

A lot more people attend home games than away games. If Jenison added transportation for
 the students it would be big for the student who can not drive. If Jenison had a bus then all the students would arrive at the game on time and then everyone would have their spots.

Underclassmen in the year, and upperclassmen in the front. This brings me to my next point.

Rules

Kaden Warners, a Jenison student who often sits in the Cat Pack, had suggested that Jenison add a “no moving rule”.

This would be great for the football team and everyone else. If students who are in the front have no energy then it ruins the whole vibe of everyone and makes it a poor experience.

It is annoying when people have friends that show up at halftime and everyone has to move down or to the right. If there is no moving rule then this issue would not be a thing.

Kaden Warners said that we need to enforce the upper classmen up front and underclassmen in the back. It is old news that the freshmen don’t give off as much energy as the seniors do, so they need to stay in the back.

Another rule Jacob Goulooze thinks we should add is no throwing things. There is nothing more annoying than getting hit by an empty bottle or a paper plate. You should be kicked out of the game if you are caught throwing something.

Energy

Sophomore, Carson Paiz, had said “We just need people to be loud and if you’re not loud then leave.” Yes, this is harsh, but it is true. If you sit there and complain, then you ruin the vibe for everyone, so you m
ine as well sit with your mother.

Energy is everything in the Cat Pack. Junior, Margo Fitzsimmons, who enjoys sitting in the Cat Pack, had said “The Cat Pack can improve by having more energy. There tends to be people who sit in the back and complain.”

It is your choice to get involved, so if you don’t want to get involved, then don’t sit in the Cat Pack.

Chants

The last way to make the Cat Pack a better experience is adding new chants and everyone doing the cheers. Margo Fitzsimmons had said “adding new chants would bring a lot of energy to the Cat Pack.”

If we are original then it can change the momentum of the game and will give Jenison a better chance to win. Yes, we should keep some of the chants that we have but adding some chants could do wonders. These chants need more effort from our senior leaders.

Students want Claire Flynn and Kaden Warners next year as the senior leaders.