Are AP classes worth it?

Are AP classes worth it?

There are many AP classes offered at Jenison High School. High Schools around the country offer many College level classes. Advanced Placement Classes are more challenging than typical High School classes. Deciding which ones to take or any at all can be challenging. Some have little to no work and some have hours of homework daily. Most students take the final Ap test in the spring, but some choose not to. If a student receives a “passing score” of a 3 or higher, students can transfer credits to college. Some colleges have higher passing scores.

Your own interests matter in deciding what AP classes to take

It is important for each student to understand their own interests and how much work they can handle. Every AP class is different in the amount of work and how hard the material is. In classes like AP Spanish, you need many years of Spanish before taking the class. AP Chemistry and AP biology also work this way as well.

Dylan Bloem says, “My easiest AP class would have to be AP Spanish because I’ve taken Spanish for six years now.” Dylan has taken AP Government and Politics. Dylan is taking AP Statistics currently. These classes could be easier because you have more experience with the subject. Dylan Bloem says, “My hardest AP class is stats because it is filled with many formulas and things that I have to remember.” Students will find some AP classes easy while some will find them difficult. AP classes could help you determine what you enjoy and what you want to study at college.

Benefits of AP classes

AP classes can be challenging and time-consuming but they may have some benefits. The classes can help students when they get to college. Ap classes tend to have much more workload than regular classes. Taking college-level tests and receiving more homework will prepare you for college. Taking college-level classes can prepare you for college tests and workload. “It’s good to be exposed to AP classes,” says Noah Devries. He has taken AP Language, AP Government, and Politics. He is currently taking AP Psychology and AP Statistics.

AP Testing

AP testing in the spring is the final test at the end of the year. Students spend the entire year preparing for this one test. It can determine whether you receive college credits or not. Even if you don’t receive credits for college they can still be beneficial.

Students also take many classes to improve their GPA or even their class rank. “I wanted to be top 10,” says Travis Mckeller who will finish high school taking a total of nine AP classes. He is able to manage five AP classes while participating on the swim team.

AP classes can prepare you for the future. AP classes can provide many benefits for the future. Even if you don’t receive a high score or get the grade you wanted they will prepare you for higher education. Before signing up for AP classes make sure you’re prepared for the workload. If you decide to take an AP class they can help prepare you for the future.