New elective courses at JHS

New elective courses at JHS
Attention Jenison High School students, next year JHS is offering a few new electives.

There are three new elective classes JHS is offering next year. Many students do not know which electives are new, or what each of them is about. That information can be important to know though. You might find a new elective that peaks your interest. If not, it is still nice to know these are possibilities of classes to take in the future. Below are the new electives that are starting next year.

Play Analysis

The first of the new electives is play analysis. This class is a literature course. It focuses on reading and analyzing plays written throughout history. In the class, students study a variety of different cultural and historical contexts. Some of those include ancient Greece, the Renaissance, ect.. Students will focus on the themes and significance of each piece. In the end, students will incorporate what they learned in their own writing. If you would like more information, you can find it on in the course description guide or contact Ms. DeGraff.

Unified Physical Education

Unified physical education is the next new elective class. Students of all abilities are able to come together in this class. Together, they can enjoy the various activities in this physical education class. Activities in the course include physical fitness, lifetime activities and different sports activities. This class aims to create an inclusive school environment for all students. If you would like more information, you can find it on in the course description guide.

Dare to Lead

Finally, the last new elective is a blended course called dare to lead. If you want to develop your leadership and communication skills, this class might be for you. Students in this class do a variety of activities. They will think about where they come from and the world they live in. Learning that will help them be able to move forward in their lives in healthy ways. Students in this class will also continue their learning with community service. This class teaches students different leadership and communication skills. All these skills they are learning, they can put to use in the future. If you would like more information, you can find it in the course description guide or contact Mrs. White.

Construction

This last elective is not a new elective, it is one that has a new name. Now instead of woods we have construction. Though there is a new name to the course, the class itself is still the same. Students still learn a variety of different skills relating to understanding industrial occupations. For more information, see the course description guide or contact Mr. Kunzi.

With the end of this school year coming up fast, the start of next year will soon be right around the corner. Though many JHS students have already signed up for classes, it is not too late to change them if you would like. If you find some of these electives interests you, support them by enrolling in those classes. Do not miss the opportunity to experience these new electives next year.