Is Jenison’s hockey team underrated?

Anthony Mollica, Staff Writer

Jenison’s hockey team played Tier 1 team, Reeths-Puffer last Friday and it was interesting.

The game started at 6:30 pm and it was at georgetown ice arena. Jenison was going into this game knowing it was going to be a tough one -since puffer is two whole tiers higher than they are-. Jenison was prepared for a hard fought game.

The first period started off at a face pace with little shots on goal. With a few penalties here and there, it was a very defensive first period from both teams. To end the first the score was 0-0.

At the beginning of the second period, Puffer got a penalty and that meant Jenison had a power play. With two minutes and thirteen seconds into the second, Jenison scored their first goal (on the power play) by Noah Sheldon getting a nasty rebound. Puffer got another penalty with about nine minutes left in the first and Noah Sheldon yet again stuffed another goal in the back of Puffers net. You would have thought Puffer would have realized by now not to get anymore penalties when they got another one with about five minutes left in the third. Jenison scored again from Anthony Mollica’s shot from top of circles to make the game 3-0 ending the third.

Third period Jenison was told to play a defensive game by there coach Jack Williams. Jenison did what he said giving their goaltender, Cade Elliott, very minimum shots to block. Towards the end of the third, Brandon Veltema got a breakaway and buried the puck in the net to make it a secure 4-0 lead. The game ended and Jenison came out of the building winning 4-0 against a tier 1 team.

So you could say that Jenison might be a little underrated to be in Tier 3 and beat a Tier 1 team pretty badly. This is just the beginning though, there is more to come for this young group of hockey players.

• Is Jenison’s hockey team underrated?

Sports

Jenison soccer game against Muskegon

• Is Jenison’s hockey team underrated?

Sports

Coming Out On Top

• Sports

J-Town Lax Coaches head to the Fields

• Is Jenison’s hockey team underrated?

Sports

Trust The Process

• Is Jenison’s hockey team underrated?

Sports

Girls varsity soccer took their first win against Kenowa Hills High School

• Sports

Jenison Softball team in rythmn

• Is Jenison’s hockey team underrated?

Sports

The impact of unpredictable weather on Spring athletes

• Is Jenison’s hockey team underrated?

Sports

From pool to prom

• Is Jenison’s hockey team underrated?

Sports

Varsity Softball Ties with Reeths-Puffer

• Is Jenison’s hockey team underrated?

Sports

The first week of Water Polo comes to an end

Is Jenison’s hockey team underrated?