Jenison loses on many buzzer beaters

Lisa Seelinger

Lisa Seelinger

Jake Seelinger, Staff Writer

Jenison freshman boys started at 4 p.m Friday at the Wyoming Wolves court. Both sides played hard but Wyoming pulled out the win against Jenison.

The Junior Varsity game started around 5:30 p.m and both teams came out very hot by making many shots. Jenison led most of the game until the 4th quarter. The game was tied at 81 with little time left and the Wyoming drove down the court and hit a two pointer at the buzzer to win. Ethan Clason led Jenison with 26 points and Jacob Ritsema finished with 15 points.

The Varsity game started up around 7 and the gym stands really filled up. Both sides had great student sections that came to support their team. Nick Michaud, a Jenison student, exclaimed that the it was cool to watch all the intensity in the game and help lift up the team by cheering for them.

The game began and Jenison went down early but marched back to end the quarter up one with a score of 13 to 12. In the second quarter the Wildcats went on a little run with scoring by Colton Ritsema, Carter Chylek, Nate Deyman, Jacob Boonyasith and Jake Seelinger. With crowds cheering loudly the momentum changed for each team. The first half of the game finished and Jenison led 35 to 27.

Second half began and the Wolves came out fighting. They forced turnovers and made a quick run to cut the led to just two. The Wildcats took a timeout to reestablish their offense. The lead stayed at two and Jenison was up 53 to 51 when the third quarter ended. The last 8 minutes of the game started and the Wildcats extended their lead early in the quarter. Both teams were going back and forth making clutch shots until Jenison started to turn the ball over and miss many free throws. Wyoming came all the way back and were only down by 3 with 10 seconds left. Wyoming ran down the court and hit a three to send the game to overtime.

Overtime began and once again both sides were hitting clutch shots to keep them in the game. As time winded down Wyoming had the ball and they were down one. They ran the court and got a layup at the buzzer to win the game. The Wyoming fans ran out onto the court and celebrated with the team. Jenison was led by Jacob Boonyasith who finished with 20 points.

• Jenison loses on many buzzer beaters

Sports

Wildcats for the Win!

• Jenison loses on many buzzer beaters

Sports

Is Jenison’s hockey team underrated?

• Sports

The New.Orleans Saints vs. Minnesota Vikings

• Jenison loses on many buzzer beaters

Sports

Rival schools compete

• Jenison loses on many buzzer beaters

Sports

A good weekend for Jenison Wrestling

• Sports

Vikings and Saints square off in the NFC Divisional game

• Jenison loses on many buzzer beaters

Sports

Jenison boys basketball home opener

• Jenison loses on many buzzer beaters

Sports

Cheer all out or don’t cheer at all

• Jenison loses on many buzzer beaters

Sports

Wildcat cheerleaders take the mat

• Jenison loses on many buzzer beaters

Sports

Jenison’s Dan VanOpstall embraces opportunity to play at the next level

Jenison loses on many buzzer beaters